domingo, 29 de enero de 2012

Assignment 4. Time to build your PLN

1. Learning styles and professional preferences

I considered that I was pretty involved in a technological world and that I was able to access reliable information from the web, but I never stayed close to Twitter since I thought it was mostly chatting in the Internet. I also considered that I was well connected by email or chat with friends and colleagues… Far away from what now I know that I can be. Just the twitter hashtags are a huge universe that I am starting to get confident with.

2. Set a goal.

I am really getting in the habit of browsing articles in Twitter using different hashtags, tough in Spanish is not as useful or common than in English but yet I have found very interesting ones. My tweetdeck is getting bigger and bigger every week. Now, I am still getting lost in the vast amount of information and my goal is to limit or to focus my search to what really can be used in my daily teaching. Using Diigo constantly is also one of my goals and I have started to spread the word about it!

3. Set a team-routine

For sure my best time to build my PLN is before dinner when my house is quiet and I have some time for myself. Also in my prep time, but usually I have tons of thing to do for my classes… Having access to different devices might help also to dedicate little chunks of time to build my PLN.

4. Find resources that help

Google reader would be an extraordinary tool to find good resources for education; also the list of educational hashtags is a resource that I need to keep at hand.

5. Do not force it

I need to remind myself constantly about not getting overwhelmed and taking baby steps. Usually I try to get everything done as fast (and better) as possible, for my PLN I have learned that I need to go little by little.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario